Friday 27 January 2012

Change in plans... already!

So, while I've planned out every room and gotten myself mentally prepared to make over the whole apartment, Justin and I have decided to put more of our resources into saving so that we can start house hunting at the end of the this summer. So, my priorities have changed a bit for the apartment. I am still going to re-organize and decorate, I will just put more of my effort into items I can take with me, rather then painting walls, with one exception.

The Bathroom:

I was bathing the little lady one day and stewing over how much I hated the wallpaper in my bathroom. It was dated and ugly. I started ripping down loose pieces and was excited at how easily it was coming off. I didn't check the other not-loose areas. That weekend I spent some time ripping down what I could, then resolved to paint over the rest. Later that week I bought paint and went to town. I was in such a hurry to get rid of that awful wallpaper that I couldn't be bothered to tape. It looks awful.

Originally this was at the bottom of my list, it looks terrible, but isn't as important as the bigger areas in our space. Now that we may be moving this year, and I'm proceeding with my plan at a slower pace then I had anticipated, it is going to be my first job.

Plan:
Scrape the walls to get all of the crud off
Paint the ceiling and trim - Vanilla / off white
Paint the walls - blue
(tape everything along the way!)
Paint the shelves over the toilet
Install better "behind the door" hooks
Build a small square table for beside the sink storage

Shopping List:
Vanilla paint
Painter's Tape
Rustoleum Vintage White paint for metal (shelves)
Hooks
Wood filler
Wood screws
Wood Glue
Items from this tutorial: http://ana-white.com/2011/06/narrow-cottage-end-tables


On Hand:
Sponge brushes (my fave)
Blue Paint (I might mix in some vanilla paint to lighten it up a bit, it's a tad bright)

No comments:

Post a Comment